A lot of households have a temple in their home. May it be a small apartment or a large one, there is always a room in everyone’s home for a little temple, if you want to have one. All you need to do is have a correct design and a little bit of place in your home.
If you want you can always take the Helou out with the decorations or if possible you can design it yourself. Whatever it might, there are some basic points that will definitely help you out. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- The first thing that you need to decide is whether you want a marble idol or a metal one. These are the two materials that are generally used for making idols that are kept at home for a long run. It is important to decide upon the material of the idol because the rest of the decor will be decided based on that. Whether you have small space or not or even a large one, you will have to base the decoration on the material of the idol.
- The next most important thing to keep in mind is how much space you have and how you will decorate it. Very simply put, if you have a small space then you will have to make the most of the space that you have. You can use a simply decorated cloth on which you can fix the idol and worship it every day. If you have a large space, then you can use a lot of space and even make a podium and place the idol of that. You can make a miniature temple also if you want in your home.
- If you do take the help of a temple decoration firm then you will have to first specify which part of your home do you want to use as the temple. The designers will design and decorate the place which you have pointed out. It is good to keep your mind open to their suggestions as well when it comes to fixing upon the space of the house which you want to use as a temple.
- It is important that you know what accessories, utensils and worshipping goods you will need for your temple. Make a list of all those things and you can either buy them yourselves or ask the decorators to do so.
- And last but not the least, make sure that the space that you select for the temple is within the house itself, but in a secluded or quiet area, where you can sit and meditate and worship, away from the hustle bustle. Building a home temple is not just a question of aesthetics and hence you need to keep the spiritual factor in mind as well when deciding upon the space.
Keep these pointers in mind and have yourself built and decorated the perfect home temple.