Transporting a vehicle is not everyone’s cup of tea. Shipping a birthday present and shipping a car to the destination, both are completely different. The car that needs to be delivered requires extreme care and handling from the time it is picked to the time it is delivered to its destination. This is the reason a quality choice should be made when one is required to find auto transport companies in their area.
Thus, car shipping should not only be searched via yellow pages but must be handled with extreme care and screened and approved by the experts. Dealing with the search is through a hectic job, but once the process gets over and the car is delivered safely to its destination all the pain is overcome.
Selection is one step for the shipping of vehicle. Next important thing is to not to make certain mistakes while dealing and searching for the shipping companies.
Avoid certain auto shipping mistakes- There are many mistakes which one makes in a hurry during the booking as well as the transport process. These common mistakes are-
- Avoid giving numbers- While looking for cheap car shipping it is important that you call for a quote instead of giving your numbers to them. Once the numbers get into their hands, they take it for granted and disturbs their clients in order to have the deal done.
- Don’t give any advance- There are many transport companies that offer low ball rates and cheat their customers without refunding them the amount so deposited. Thus, it becomes mandatory to verify that any amount so deposited should be refunded in case the car does not reach its destination on the decided date or time.
- Avoid checking reviews- Don’t trust any transport or shipping company so blindly that you don’t feel like checking their reviews so given by their third parties. The average rating of the reviews gives an insight into both the positive and negative points regarding the company. The companies which have no reviews on their sites mean that they are not in business for a very long time and must not be selected.
- Not marking the points on the bill of lading- Accidents may happen on the way. Thus, to make sure that your vehicle is fully insured against such damages, it is vitally important to mark any damage on the bill of lading at the point of pick up and even at the point of delivery. Ignoring this will lead to out of pocket expenses.
- Beware of guaranteed pick-ups- Trusting the shipping companies promising a guaranteed pick up means relying on them for no trust. It is not necessary that the shipping company will pick up the vehicle on the exact date as so mentioned on the phone as they may simply say these words in order to get the deal fixed.
Avoiding the above mistakes may lead your vehicle to go in the safe hands. The vehicle is not a cheap thing that can be given to anyone for dispatch. Thus, trust only the experienced and professional shipping companies that are in the market operating from a longer period of time.