Are you one of many women who have been tempted to get a pixie cut for years but have been afraid to take the plunge? Why not go for a trendy pixie cut in 2020? Pixie haircuts have been rising in popularity over the last few years with women of all ages.
Pixie cut hairstyles have been around since the mid-1900s, first made popular by the big screen. But in recent years, they have made a comeback with women who wanted to embrace a shorter hairstyle. More and more women are choosing this look over longer styles. There is a pixie for every facial structure and every hair texture, from thick to curly to fine or straight.
Not to mention the fact that you can play around with hair color. A pixie hairstyle is a perfect canvas for those who wish to experiment with bold choices when it comes to hair color. And the best part about a pixie cut is that if you don’t like it, you simply grow it out!
There are really only a few cons to this trendy hairstyle. One is that it does take some time and creativity if you want to grow it out. But most women tend to stick with this look for a long time once they see how much they love it. Another con of a pixie is that it does require some upkeep. To maintain your adorable pixie haircut, you will need to get your hair trimmed every four to six weeks, depending on how quickly your hair grows. But again, it’s worth the effort if you truly love this look!
Now that you have seen the cons of pixie hairstyles, let’s take a look at the pros:
- Some women think pixie cuts mean no more hair accessories, but that is a myth! With a pixie haircut, you can totally rock a super cute hat, hairpins, headbands, headscarves and more!
- If you love dramatic makeup, a pixie cut will draw more attention to that gorgeous face of yours! Not to mention, you can show off your bling such as facial and/or ear piercings!
- Fine hair? Thick hair? Curly? Straight? There are pixie cuts to suit every style and texture of hair! Razored, buzzed, side part, fringe, no fringe, the options are endless
- Hate long hair in the summer? Pixie hairstyles are ideal for those hot and sticky summer days!
- With a pixie, you won’t have to spend as much time blow-drying and styling your hair. And depending on how much product you use, you can go days without washing your hair!
- Love changing up your hair color? With a pixie, you can cut and color your hair more frequently than you can with longer hair!
- If you want a look that will make you stand out from the crowd, choose a more daring pixie such as an undercut, side shave or asymmetrical pixie!
- No more dead ends, tangles, fly-aways or frizz!